Tuesday’s: Mission Mountain Zen Community meets for weekly Zen Meditation and Morning Service at 7am MT via Zoom. We sit two, 30 minute seated meditation (Zazen) periods, with 5 minutes of walking meditation (Kinhin) in between. We conclude with a morning service chanting Repentance and Refuges, Heart Sutra, and another featured chant.
Wednesday’s: Mission Mountain Zen community meets for weekly Zen meditation at 6pm via Zoom. We sit two, 25 minute seated meditation (Zazen) periods, with 5 minutes of walking meditation (Kinhin) in between. Instruction is given at the beginning of the first zazen period. After the second zazen period we conclude our meditation by chanting the Meta Sutra or some other sutra together. We then have time for Dharma Talk and discussion.
We also celebrate Buddhist Holiday’s on Wednesday’s, see the calendar page for special event dates. We meet at 6:00pm for one 30 minute period of zazen followed by a special chanting service and a talk on the significance of the holiday, followed by discussion.
Buddhist Holidays Observed:
- Parinirvana, the time of the historical Buddha’s passing
- Spring Ohigan, Spring Equinox, reflecting on the balance in nature
- Hanamatsuri, the historical Buddha’s Birthday
- Obon, the Celebration of our personal and Buddhist ancestry
- Fall Ohigan, Autumn Equinox, reflecting on the balance in nature
- Bodhi Day, the time of the historical Buddha’s enlightenment
Meditation Retreats: Look at the 2021 Events Calendar page for the schedule for monthly Mission Mountain Zen one day Zazenkai and semi annual five day sesshin. For additional details contact Zenku via email.
Please send your email information to Zenku at Jerry.Smyers@gmail.com to get on the weekly email communication list and receive the Zoom link to join the event.
- The weekly email will confirm the meditation plans for the coming week.